Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide: Take the Proper Steps to Detect

There are many potential gases that could exist in your home. Natural gas, radon, and gases and vapors that can come from such items as household furnishings, carpeting, flooring and paints. But none are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide could be a matter of life and death, so it’s not something to joke about. What is extremely concerning is that it is hard to detect because it is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and initially non-irritating. A by-product of burnt fuel, carbon monoxide can make its way into your home when the heat exchanger on a gas furnace cracks, allowing carbon monoxide to leak. Depending on how large the crack is and the circulation in a home, carbon monoxide can become fatal in a matter of minutes, or the gas could cause symptoms that have been misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections, and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.

You absolutely cannot risk carbon monoxide poisoning. Here’s what you can do:

  1. If you do not have a working carbon monoxide detector in your home, call Peachtree Service Experts Heating & Air in Atlanta to purchase one. Ask us about affordable WiFi carbon monoxide detectors like the Nest Protect.
  2. If you have a carbon monoxide detector, be sure to regularly check or replace the batteries. Testing should be done every few months, and the detector should be replaced every 3 to 5 years.
  3. If you hear the carbon monoxide detector alarm go off, or start to have flu-like symptoms, ask your doctor to test for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary and with the proper steps you can be certain to receive alerts if there is any sign of carbon monoxide. Get the protection you need and call Peachtree Service Experts in Atlanta at 678-235-9699 to learn more.

Peachtree Service Experts Heating & Air
2500 Meadowbrook Parkway, Suite F
Duluth, Georgia 30096

Phone: 678-235-9699
Email: peachtree@serviceexperts.com
License # CN003058