It’s great to be an Atlantan during the summer. We love getting out and visiting the sites, seeing great concerts and enjoying all that Atlanta has to offer. Living near Atlanta affords a lot of opportunities to experience new things, whether it’s food, entertainment or just getting out and enjoying the weather. Even if you’ve lived in the Atlanta area for a while, it can be overwhelming to decide which things to do and which to skip. Peachtree is here to help with tips on the some top things you need to do in Atlanta this summer.
- Catch our Braves at Turner Field – in a game with one of Major League Baseball’s storied franchises, the Atlanta Braves. This June there’s some great matchups, including the Cubs, Dodgers and Orioles. Be sure to get your 50% discount for our Brave military and first responders.
- Rock Out at Chastain Park – From the classical stylings of Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga to the 80’s legends Hall and Oates, Chastain Park offers plenty of options this summer to get out and enjoy live music outdoors.
- Swim with Whales at the Georgia Aquarium – Even though we’re pretty much landlocked in Atlanta, you can make a lasting memory by swimming with whale sharks at the Georgia Aquarium. With more than 10 million gallons of fresh and marine water filled with aquatic life, it’s the perfect place to experience the beauty of underwater creatures. The Aquarium is open until 8pm this summer, except Sundays when they close at 6pm.
- Eat Too Much at the Atlanta Street Food Festival – With more than 50 vendors serving dishes ranging from chicken and waffle fries to fried green tomatoes, your taste buds will thank you for stopping by. The best part is that everyone loves food, so you’ll be sure to find something to satisfy everyone’s palates. It’s July 11th from noon to 10pm. Tickets are just $12.
- Celebrate July 4th at Lenox Square – This year marks 56 years that one of the area’s favorite traditions has been taking place – featuring the largest fireworks display in the Southeast. A perfect destination for families to celebrate the holiday with patriotic activities. Peachtree hopes to see you there!
- Experience Art Outdoors at Living Walls – Take a walk around and appreciate some of the great art created from Atlanta’s local artists. Oh, did we mention that the pieces are created on ENTIRE WALLS! Free and fun for the family to get outside and experience, why not see a side of the city you’re not used to exploring?
- Take a Trip Back at the Atlanta History Center – No list would be complete without taking a glimpse in the past. With 33 acres to check out, take in everything from historical homes to gardens and trails. We recommend the geneology series on researching the Civil War soldiers. Several lectures are taking place, including Pam Anderson, Maggy Keet, and Sharon Damelio, Three Many Cooks: One Mother, Two Daughters: Their Shared Stories of Food, Faith & Family on June 19th. Open until 5:30 and free for members, $11-$17 for non-members.
- Hike at Georgia’s Most-Visited Attraction, Stone Mountain Park – With a variety of family-friendly activities available, Stone Mountain Park has it all. Don’t miss Summer At The Rock, including the magnificent Lasershow On Fire Spectacular where fireworks and music are incorporated in a patriotic presentation. See the web site for dates and time