Spring is wonderful for a couple reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open up windows for fresh air and your energy bill is generally at its most economical. That’s because you’re not utilizing your heat or air conditioner.
But as temperatures begin to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are some ideas for saving energy in Atlanta and keeping costs low.
1. Book Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and lower costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep utility expenses low.
If your air conditioning equipment has seen better days, spring is an excellent time to upgrade it. The energy-saving options in updated AC systems is a huge plus in keeping your utility bill down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on home comfort bills. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Figuring out how to effectively work your thermostat is the easiest way to lower energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think of it this way, the smaller the difference between outside temperatures and indoor temperatures, the cheaper your home comfort expense will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your Space
You can do several other methods to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise in the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your home more comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny areas.
4. Look Into Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your schedule and adjust the temp when you’re out and about to help you save on your bills. You can also adjust the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These pro tips will all help keep summer energy charges less expensive. If you figure out it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 678-235-9699 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the correct product for your space. And like always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.