Spring is wonderful for a couple reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open up windows for outdoor air and your energy bill is generally at its most economical. That’s because you’re not utilizing your heating or air conditioner.
But as temperatures begin to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are some ideas for saving energy in Atlanta and keeping costs less expensive.
1. Book Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and lower costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy expenses down.
If your air conditioning equipment has seen better days, spring is a good time to upgrade it. The energy-saving options in updated air conditioning systems is a big plus in keeping your utility bill down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling bills. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Figuring out how to effectively work your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think of it this way, the less significant the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the cheaper your home comfort expense will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or shut it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your Space
You can do several other methods to help keep your house cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which forces cool air upward. This distributes cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your home more comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny rooms.
4. Look Into Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and abruptly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats learn your routine and adjust the temp when you’re out to help you save money. You can also adjust the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These pro ideas will all help keep summer energy bills low. If you figure out it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 678-235-9699 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the correct fit for your space. And as always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.