4 Tips for Saving Energy in Atlanta This Summer
Spring is wonderful for a couple reasons: flowers bloom, you can crack windows for crisp air and your power bill is commonly at its lowest. That’s because you’re not utilizing your heater or cooling.
But as temperatures begin to climb, so do your energy bills. Here are a couple of tips for saving energy in the U.S. and keeping costs less expensive.
1. Schedule Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a seasonal maintenance visit can help it operate more efficiently and trim costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy expenses low.
If your HVAC equipment has had better days, spring is a great time to update it. The energy-saving features in newer AC systems is a definite plus in keeping your power expenses down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on HVAC bills. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Learning how to expertly work your thermostat is the easiest way to lower energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think about it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and indoor temperatures, the cheaper your air conditioning expense will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or switch it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty residence.
3. Try Other Methods to Cool Your Home
You can turn to a few other approaches to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which drives cool air upward. This disperses cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it moves through windows. Keep your home more comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny areas.
4. Consider Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and abruptly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats learn your habits and correct the temp when you’re out to help you save energy and money. You can also set the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These professional tips will all help keep summer energy costs down. If you think it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you select the correct fit for your home. And like always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
Zoning Systems: Control the Temperature in Every Room
Central heating and air systems have radically changed home comfort and made it possible to stay completely cozy in any season or climate. But while centralized systems are a handy way to regulate the temperature, they at times fall short when it comes to evenly distributing heated or cooled air... Continue reading
Eight Upgrades to Boost Your Home HVAC System
During the coldest time of the year in the U.S., there’s no better way to improve your home’s comfort than with some effective upgrades. It’s not just about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about boosting efficiency and improving the very air you breathe.... Continue reading
How to Find an Effective HVAC System
In terms of keeping your home comfortable year-round, nothing is more critical than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This determination impacts your daily comfort, monthly utility costs and all-around home efficiency. However, with so many system types,... Continue reading