Booking yearly AC maintenance is useful.
Service keeps your AC unit in Atlanta running at its top performance while keeping energy usage low. It also can even help extend its life span.
While there are several things you can do by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Peachtree Service Experts, for AC checks and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can take by yourself as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Service Booked
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that involves a big dose of house, garage and yard freshening. With the toastier temps approaching, it’s also a good idea to add AC upkeep on that list.
Spring is a great time of year to get your cooling system cleaned and examined. Waiting to switch it on until the first hot day of the year can be a gamble. If you have to schedule repair or installation, you might be waiting awhile for a tech. And that can become awfully uncomfortable.
And for allergy sufferers, being well prepared with a clean air conditioning system will help ensure the greatest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Additionally, AC service could be mandatory for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Finish Maintenance Myself?
There are methods that you can complete to help keep your air conditioner equipment in the top state:
- Put in a new air filter. Dirty filters limit airflow and can decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the model you have, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is particularly important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have pets in your house.
- Lawn maintenance around the outdoor condenser. Check there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your AC equipment. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have dropped into your unit, because this might impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you ring Peachtree Service Experts at 678-235-9699, the first thing we could do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already done. Then our Experts begin the nitty gritty. We’ll inspect your equipment and make sure it’s operating like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to provide safe comfort.
- Oiling to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially stay clear of malfunctions.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to clear leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Aligning coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to remove any blockage from soil and grass.
- Checking controls to double check your system is starting, running and turning off correctly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to make sure your equipment has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find issues that need additional action, we are ready to offer you the most reasonable solution. Uncovering likely troubles in a timely manner may solve bigger problems later. This also gives you time to strategize if your air conditioner is getting older.
When you are seeking a new air conditioner, our Experts will partner with you to select the best system for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new system fit your budget. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Ready to request your service? Call us at 678-235-9699 or schedule an appointment online today.