Booking yearly AC maintenance is useful.
Service keeps your AC equipment in Atlanta running at its top performance while keeping energy usage low. It also can even help extend its life span.
While there are several things you can do by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Peachtree Service Experts, for AC checks and upkeep.
Here are a couple steps you can take by yourself as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Service Booked
Spring is a season of revival, and to many that involves a large dose of house, garage and yard sprucing. With the hotter temperatures approaching, it’s also a good idea to add AC maintenance on that list.
Spring is a great season to get your cooling system cleaned and inspected. Waiting to switch it on until the first hot day of the year can be a gamble. If you have to schedule repair or a new unit, you might be waiting awhile for a tech. And that can turn extremely uncomfortable.
And for allergy sufferers, being one step ahead with a clean cooling system will help ensure the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioning service could be required for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Finish Maintenance Myself?
There are procedures that you can complete to help keep your AC unit in the top state:
- Change your air filter. Dirty filters limit airflow and can decrease your unit’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the model you install, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is very important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have pets in your residence.
- Lawn maintenance around the exterior condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes by your AC system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also clear any leaves or sticks that have collected inside your unit, because this can impede airflow.
Let the Pros Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you get in touch with Peachtree Service Experts at 678-235-9699, the first thing we may do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already done. Then our pros begin the nitty gritty. We’ll inspect your unit and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide safe comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving pieces working smoothly and potentially skip malfunctions.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Aligning coil fins to stay clear of decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to remove any blockage from soil and weeds.
- Checking controls to double check your system is starting, running and shutting off correctly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to make sure your unit has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we uncover issues that involve additional action, we are ready to offer you the most reasonable solution. Uncovering possible issues promptly may solve bigger problems down the road. This also gives you time to save if your air conditioner is aging.
When you are looking for a new air conditioner, our Experts will work with you to select the best unit for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new system fit your budget. Regardless of what your AC needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to book your service? Contact us at 678-235-9699 or schedule an appointment online today.