There are a multitude of fumes that could be inside your Atlanta home. Natural gas and gases that derive from home furniture, carpeting and paints. Not a one of these gases are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.
Reach Peachtree Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 678-235-9699 right away to start protecting your house against this harmful gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Detrimental to Your Health?
Carbon monoxide may be a serious issue, so it’s not a thing to mess around with.
1. You Can’t See It
Carbon monoxide is so unsafe because you cannot see it, smell it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It’s nonirritating in small doses and can’t be purified.
2. It Can Be Lethal in Just a Few Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a side effect of used fuel. It can get into your home during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. While it depends on how large the leak is and the airflow in a residence, carbon monoxide could become fatal in just a few minutes.
Once taken in, it has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are inhaling pure air, it will take five hours to remove it from your bloodstream. It will take an additional five hours to cut that amount by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Can Resemble Other Illnesses
It can also mimic symptoms that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.
How to Guard Your Residence from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no reason to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are several things you can do to keep your house safe:
- Every home with at least one natural gas appliance, connected garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide detector. It’s necessary to have a sensor on all levels of your home, in addition to the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of every bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide detector in your residence?
Call Peachtree Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 678-235-9699 to get one. Ask our Experts about our reasonable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
- If you presently use a carbon monoxide alarm, consistently test or replace the batteries. You should check batteries every 90 days, and replace the alarm every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide alarm sounds, exit your home right away and call 911.
Protect Your Loved Ones with Help from Peachtree Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the right precautions your house can be safe from the toxic gas. Take the precautions and call Peachtree Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 678-235-9699 to learn more.