HVAC Technicians Must Prepare to Meet New Skill Demands
The HVAC profession is in a continuous state of change. With technological advancements and ever-important environmental concerns, the skills expected of HVAC technicians are evolving faster than ever. Preparing to adapt and meet these new challenges is a must for anyone wanting to join the profession. Learn what it takes to become a successful HVAC tech, the importance of continuous training and development and how an apprenticeship program can boost your career to the next level.
Adapting to New Skill Demands
The ever-evolving HVAC landscape requires industry pros to keep up with emerging trends, technologies and consumer requirements. In a nutshell, HVAC companies want professionals capable of meeting the demands of the modern world.
Here are the key skills job seekers should have when applying for a job:
- Knowledge of HVAC installation, refrigeration and maintenance: A thorough understanding of the fundamentals gives you an edge over the competition, even if the workplace provides training for new hires.
- Solid troubleshooting and diagnostic skills: The means to identify and deal with issues quickly and efficiently is essential. Modern equipment often has complex digital controls, making this skill more critical than ever.
- Comfortable working directly with customers: Building confidence and providing top-notch customer service is essential as an HVAC technician, so companies search for this quality when assessing applicants.
- Ability to work well on a team: HVAC projects can require collaboration with other technicians. Businesses want team players who can work comfortably with others.
- Willingness to undergo continuous training and development: The HVAC business requires professionals to stay knowledgeable about new technologies via continuing education. Your continued success relies on your motivation to learn and grow.
Service Experts Career Academy: We Build Highly Skilled Workers
You could always enroll in a four-year college or trade school as one way to become an HVAC technician, but this can put you deeply in debt and delays your earning potential for years. At Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we feel there’s a much better way. Jumpstart your career and get paid while you learn at Service Experts Career Academy (SECA), an in-house apprenticeship program developed to build highly skilled workers. Here’s what to know.
Service Experts Career Academy, or SECA, provides a structured curriculum covering everything from the basics to expert technologies, putting an emphasis on real-world experience and hands-on learning. Our program is expressly designed to get you ready for an HVAC career.
Expectations for Apprentices
As an apprentice, you’ll attend free classroom training, assist within appropriate departments and get a well-rounded understanding of the HVAC trade. Safety is our priority, so you’ll need to follow health and safety procedures at all times. Embracing constructive feedback, submitting daily work process forms and developing strong interpersonal skills will also be indispensable to your growth with us.
Requirements to Apply to Service Experts Career Academy
Participating in the SECA program requires an inquisitive way of thinking, a commitment to excellence, and the ability to meet some physical demands. It’s required that participants have a high school diploma or GED and a valid driver’s license to apply. Physical requirements include the ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crawl; lift up to 50 pounds and carry up to 30 pounds; and work in various settings like hot, cold and confined areas.
Compensation and Benefits as an Apprentice
At Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we invest in your success by giving you a comprehensive employment package for SECA students. Compensation includes a competitive pay program with incentive opportunities, guaranteed pay increases throughout your apprenticeship and a tool kit with a value of $1,000 once you complete the program. Benefits consist of paid time off, company holiday pay, insurance, 401(k) match, supplemental benefit programs and career development options.
The Difference of Working with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing
Choosing an HVAC company to start your career should not be taken lightly. Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing could be the ideal choice if you’re looking for a company that values:
- Innovative training programs: Our SECA initiative nurtures first-rate specialists from the get-go.
- Customer-centric approach: We put customers first, performing reliable and efficient services that help you take pride in your work.
- Devotion to quality: As one of our technicians, we’ll furnish you with the best tools, education and support.
- Community engagement: We take pride in giving back to the community, actively taking part in local projects and functions.
- Sustainable practices: We support and implement green solutions to support a sustainable future for all.
Join the Experts at Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing
Preparing yourself for a job in the HVAC business isn’t a one-time effort but an ongoing commitment. It calls for dedication to life-long learning, skill enhancement and a passion to grow in your career. Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing supports you in this commitment through innovative programs like SECA. Joining SECA means starting on a career path filled with growth, support and possibility.
Your career in HVAC starts at SECA! If you’re ready to take your skills to a higher level, ask for more information about Service Experts Career Academy today. Apply today, and you’ll be part of the exciting HVAC industry.
Zoning Systems: Control the Temperature in Every Room
Central heating and air systems have radically changed home comfort and made it possible to stay completely cozy in any season or climate. But while centralized systems are a handy way to regulate the temperature, they at times fall short when it comes to evenly distributing heated or cooled air... Continue reading
Eight Upgrades to Boost Your Home HVAC System
During the coldest time of the year in the U.S., there’s no better way to improve your home’s comfort than with some effective upgrades. It’s not just about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about boosting efficiency and improving the very air you breathe.... Continue reading
How to Find an Effective HVAC System
In terms of keeping your home comfortable year-round, nothing is more critical than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This determination impacts your daily comfort, monthly utility costs and all-around home efficiency. However, with so many system types,... Continue reading