Summer is typically a busy time of year for many folks in Atlanta. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any host of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Atlanta heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Atlanta heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give Peachtree Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 678-235-9699 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is running at its highest level in the Atlanta heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a few moments to rest as it may also be an early sign of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when planning outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Atlanta temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than usual. It can help you cool down a tad faster so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.