When rough weather comes around, whether it’s forecasted or not, it can have a lot of repercussions. Staying safe and protecting your home are your highest priorities, but did you know there are things you can do to prep your air conditioner so that when the storm finishes, your AC repair technician will give you the all-clear?
Taking even a few moments to think about your heating and cooling systems before the storm hits can help you protect from damage to your system when it’s all said and done. Then, when you set up for an AC repair professional to check your system afterwards, they can likely provide you with good news that your steps were worth the time.
At Peachtree Service Experts, we know that there’s only so much prep work you can do to get ready for severe weather, and time might not give you much notification, so we’ve put together a few tips of what you can do before and after a severe weather event happens.
- Turn off your heating and cooling equipment. Power surges are commonplace during severe weather, so be sure to turn off your system via your thermostat and your circuit breaker to ensure it is totally off.
- Cover the outdoor unit. Whether it’s a specific AC cover or simply a tarp, covering your system and securing the cover has the ability to keep away any debris that gets tossed around during threatening weather. Just be sure you have turned the system totally off prior to covering it with anything.
- Prep your yard. Make sure all loose outdoor items such as grills, patio furniture and any yard tools are stored in a safe place so that they don’t get thrown around during the storm.
- Clear the debris. Once it is alright to head outdoors, be sure any debris is cleared away from your outdoor unit.
- Damaged? If you notice any damage to your system or if it is sitting in standing water, call Peachtree Service Experts prior to turning on your air conditioner. We can properly check out your system and determine whether or not an AC repair is a necessity.
Of course we all hope that threatening weather doesn’t hit us in Atlanta, but we have to be prepared if we want the best chance to dodge any major damage or other issues that can come with it. If you have any questions about how to best prepare for threatening weather in Atlanta or want to know what our AC repair service consists of after the storm has come and gone, give us a call at 678-235-9699 or schedule an appointment with Peachtree Service Experts through our online scheduler.