Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some factors to think about, in addition to the pluses of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we advise replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? A lot of homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to enjoy the total comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the appropriate amount of air to keep your home comfy. A new air conditioner might require a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Peachtree Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and give the correct recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your budget if you install both systems together.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any large short-term consequences. A mismatched setup is typically temporary until the other system goes out. You can circumvent the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll enjoy these pluses:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at the best efficiency, making your home cozier and decreasing your yearly utility bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. Meanwhile, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward a modern furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you could even be eligible for a discount because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Peachtree Service Experts. We understand the cost of replacing your complete system might stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is completely trained, experienced and ACE-certified to ensure a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 678-235-9699 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.