Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Atlanta, you might be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some factors to think over, in addition to the pluses of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we advise replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you buying? A lot of homeowners are swapping out their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to enjoy the complete comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the appropriate amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. A new air conditioner might require a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Peachtree Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the correct recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your budget if you get new units simultaneously.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are correctly sized, there aren’t usually any big short-term drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll get these rewards:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at the best efficiency, making your home cozier and reducing your long-term heating and cooling bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward a new furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you could even qualify for a discount because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Peachtree Service Experts. We understand the cost of replacing your entire system can stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and simply one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are covered!*
Rest assured that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 678-235-9699 to request an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.