When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you expect clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if the water seems clear, it could still contain toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and well-being. Many people don't like the taste of polluted tap water and grasp the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have healthy drinking water nearby.
If you want to ensure your family’s health, you may first opt for trying the bottled water plan. Unfortunately, this gets costly soon. In addition, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, harming the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and healthier for the environment than using so much bottled water. It will also supply healthier water more conveniently because you can get it straight from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, enabling you to maximize the benefits everywhere you use water at home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filter, learn about what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out harmful contaminants. Then, contact Peachtree Service Experts to help you pick out and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality varies by location, but several of the most likely contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that legal water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your faucets, furnishing you and your family with safe, clean water to drink. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of debris in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and increases in the water main after severe storms. While typically harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. Sadly, this disinfectant also adds hazardous chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. Some DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration system. Besides being healthier for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your cup. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that safe, clean water doesn’t have to come with steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s configuration, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Peachtree Service Experts, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to reduce water hardness, eliminate bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, straightforward and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Peachtree Service Experts office for help finding a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.