The Importance of Home Water Filtration and Purification
When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if your water appears clear, it may still be hiding toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and well-being. A lot of people don’t like the taste of polluted tap water and grasp the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have healthy drinking water at home.
If you want to protect your family’s health, you might first think about continuing the bottled water approach. Sadly, this gets costly almost immediately. Additionally, plastic water bottles that aren’t recyclable end up contaminating the world’s waterways, harming the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and cleaner for the environment than using so much bottled water. It will also provide healthier water more easily because you can get it right from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, enabling you to capitalize on the benefits everywhereyou use water at home.
Before setting up a whole-house water filtration system, learn what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out hazardous contaminants. Then, get in touch with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing to help you choose and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality may differ by location, but several of the most likely contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that regulated water quality levels aren’t necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your tap water, providing you and your family with safe, clean water to enjoy. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of debris in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and can become concentrated in the water main soon after heavy rains. While typically harmless, sediment will make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. However, this disinfectant also adds harmful chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. Some DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration equipment. Besides being cleaner for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more murky water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just threaten you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and stick to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that clean water doesn’t have to bring bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s configuration, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to reduce water hardness, clear out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the right product for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, simple and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing office for help choosing a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.
7 Common Causes of No Hot Water
If you’re reading this, it’s likely because you just had a shockingly cold shower or turned on the faucet to discover that your house doesn’t have hot water. It’s an irritating situation, but don’t panic. Learning the most common reasons your home has no hot water is the first step... Continue reading
Do I Really Need a Water Softener or Is an Inline Filter Sufficient?
We all need clean water for day-to-day tasks like cooking, cleaning and personal hygiene. Many the U.S. homeowners ask themselves which is right for them—a water filter or a water softener? Examine the key differences between inline water filters and whole-house water softeners, the advantages... Continue reading