The Top Six Reasons to Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Your heating and cooling system is vital to a comfortable home and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your home’s indoor air. A lot of homeowners take these features for granted until they’re suddenly left without them. If your air conditioner has ever stopped working on a blistering summer day, or the furnace can’t generate enough heat during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wishes to deal with urgent repairs, a spike in energy bills or home comfort problems. What if there was a way to ensure a continuous supply of clean, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like receiving an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should think about applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Participation takes the guessing out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled service calls and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract isn’t mandatory to ask for tune-ups with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, but we highly endorse registering. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so it’s easy to forget about setting up furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unfamiliar with why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, take a look at these benefits:
- Reveal small problems early: Issues with your HVAC equipment often progress slowly. When a technician inspects the internal components annually, it’s possible to find and resolve little problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Reduce the risk of breakdowns: By fixing that loose fan belt and stabilizing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance call, the chance of an unexpected breakdown goes down.
- Lower repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, foreseeable cost that eliminates the need for most major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that yearly maintenance can enhance HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Increase home comfort: When your heating and cooling system functions the way it should, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more manageable humidity throughout the house.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement costs.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety inspection during every visit offers peace of mind that your home comfort system is performing safely.
- Maintain your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance to such a degree that they demand yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in upkeep now protects you from expensive repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can usually anticipate same-day service—even during nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your heating and cooling system? An HVAC maintenance plan grants access to the quickest installs feasible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance lowers the need for repair work, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance contract provides a 15% discount. You’ll also have access to 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are in some cases unavoidable, but they can get expensive fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you disappointed, your technician will return to set things right.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan features and contact our staff to help you figure out the ideal plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before signing up. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing office today.
Zoning Systems: Control the Temperature in Every Room
Central heating and air systems have radically changed home comfort and made it possible to stay completely cozy in any season or climate. But while centralized systems are a handy way to regulate the temperature, they at times fall short when it comes to evenly distributing heated or cooled air... Continue reading
Eight Upgrades to Boost Your Home HVAC System
During the coldest time of the year in the U.S., there’s no better way to improve your home’s comfort than with some effective upgrades. It’s not just about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about boosting efficiency and improving the very air you breathe.... Continue reading
How to Find an Effective HVAC System
In terms of keeping your home comfortable year-round, nothing is more critical than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This determination impacts your daily comfort, monthly utility costs and all-around home efficiency. However, with so many system types,... Continue reading