Stopping it from happening is the most crucial step. Doing appropriate safety precautions will lower your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Atlanta.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours running in the restricted space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These items are safe when operated right but can make carbon monoxide when on for an extensive period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a professional. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
- Check gas appliances are working correctly, especially your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe operation by scheduling annual furnace maintenance with Peachtree Service Experts.