A popping sound is characteristic of a duct design that’s too small. This takes place when there’s higher airflow than your ductwork can control.
Troubles with your ductwork can lead to other ventilation and air quality problems, like:
- Too much noise
- Higher energy needs
- Premature system malfunction
- Unbalanced heating and cooling
- Nonfunctioning AC compressor in the summer
- Overheated furnace or heat pump in the winter
- Mold increase within ducts
Contact an Expert company in Atlanta, like Peachtree Service Experts, to check your home's ventilation system. We can provide recommendations for duct repair or installation.