What Is A Slab Leak?
A slab leak occurs when a pipe ruptures underneath the concrete foundation of your home, driveway or pool deck. Such leaks are difficult to repair because in order for the damage to be reached, it requires that a professional break through the concrete slab to reach the pipe.
When you have a leak that’s hidden deep beneath solid stone at your residence, you may not notice at first. So how can you tell? Check your home for the following signs of a slab leak:
- Jump in water bills: When your water bill goes up despite not increasing your usage, you’re probably dealing with a leak somewhere. While the damage may also have occurred inside a wall, it is important that you have a professional immediately perform an assessment.
- Dripping or splashing sounds: Do you hear running or dripping water in your home, when all water sources are turned off?
- Cracks in walls or flooring: A leak beneath a concrete slab will slowly wash away the earth that supports the foundation of your Clearwater, St. Petersburg or Tampa home. Without this support, the building’s weight can cause it to sag, forming cracks in the walls or floor.
- Mildew underneath the carpet: A slab leak can slowly but consistently seep up through the concrete floor, creating the perfect environment for the spread of mold or mildew.
- Hot spot: A possible indication of a hot water leak beneath your residence is a hot spot on the floor of your house.
A simple way to determine if water is leaking inside or below your home is by utilizing the meter test. You’ll want to shut off every faucet and double check there aren’t any appliances using water, then head outside to watch the meter. If the needle is still moving, there is a definite leak, and it’s time to contact the professionals.
Why Choose Peachtree Service Experts?
A sudden slab leak can be disastrous. This is why it’s imperative to choose a professional. Not only can they offer you outstanding customer service and high quality repairs, but they can back it up with years of dependable service and thousands of satisfied customers.
Don’t allow anyone to damage your property searching for the source of a leak; breaking into the concrete without first pinpointing the location of the damage is never acceptable. At Peachtree Service Experts, we can find the precise location of the burst pipe by using state-of-the-art thermal imaging and electromagnetic pipeline locators.
Using their extensive training, our team of repair technicians strive to keep the entrance hole as small as possible, sometimes even minimizing the disruption of property to a single floor tile. This helps you save on the cost of labor and repairs.
You Deserve Total Piece of Mind
At Peachtree Service Experts, we take your peace of mind very seriously. We understand that by hiring us, you are inviting a stranger into your home or onto your property. That can be a frightening proposition.
Before we hire a plumbing technician at Peachtree Service Experts, they first pass a background check and a drug screening. Our technicians arrive within their scheduled time, driving a company vehicle, neatly dressed in uniform and sporting a Peachtree Service Experts ID badge. You can rest assured that we will leave our work areas neat, and tidy and treat your home and furnishings as we would our own.